A simple routine that can be used by all, alongside some of our Spa and Training and Development Manager Amy’s own wellness tips for morning and night.
Skincare, a subject that can excite some and confuse others. With so many tips, tricks and products out there it can sometimes get a little overwhelming as to what is “right” and what is “wrong” when it comes to skin care, but the fact is, everyone is different therefore everyone’s skin is different. We’re keeping it simple as we talk to our Spa Training and Development Manager Amy Harper as she gives us an insight into a simple routine that can be used by all, alongside some of her own wellness tips for morning and night.
- Start by having a good stretch to boost your circulation and wake up the body
- Take some deep breaths in and out and set the intention for your day
- Cleanse your face using our Gaia Facial Wash, using a 20p piece size, you can add small amount of water to create a creamy lather this will cleanse the skin without stripping the natural oils, it includes rosewater and apricot to soothe and has essential oils of lemon and palmarosa that will lift your mood and awaken your mind. It really helps me feel awake!
- After cleansing wipe over the skin with Gaia Facial Toner this can be applied with a cotton pad or muslin cloth. Our Gaia Toner is alcohol free and will hydrate and refresh your skin leaving it balanced ready for your moisturisation.
- Does your skin need an extra boost? Dehydrated? Or if you have some blemishes that need to be calmed; our Gaia Face Serum is the solution! Echinacea and Rosehip with sooth, repair and nourish. Simply use 2-4 drops and gently pat onto skin all over or on a specific area. This can be used before your moisturiser.
- Don’t forget your eyes! Our skin around the eye is more sensitive than the rest of the face so you need a specifically designed product – Our Gaia Eye Serum is rich in Vitamin C and retinal to reduce puffiness and brighten the eye area. * top tip – You can also use this as a face serum if out have very sensitive skin!
- Complete your journey with our Gaia Moisturiser, use a small 5 pence piece (add more if needed) apply to whole face, neck and décolleté, using upwards strokes. Our Natural moisturiser helps with cell renewal and will protect your skin leaving you radiant and comforted.
- Cleanse your face using our Gaia Cleansing Balm, using a 5p piece size, warm the product in your hands and apply to dry skin, it with soothe your skin and effectively but gently remove make up and impurities, I like to think of our balm as a hug for your face! Remove with warm water and a face cloth. * top tip you can apply the balm a second time and leave on for 10 mins as a nourishing mask!
- After cleansing wipe over the skin with Gaia Facial Toner just as you did this morning
- You can apply our Gaia Face Serum in the evening to add extra hydration, partially good to heal the skin overnight. Use 2-4 drops and gently pat onto skin all over or on a specific area.
- Apply our Gaia Eye Serum in the evening to sooth-tired eyes, don’t forget this can also be used as a face serum if you have very sensitive skin!
- Complete your journey with our Gaia Moisturiser, use a small 5 pence piece (add more if needed) apply to whole face, neck and décolleté, using upwards strokes.
- Before you settle for the night, take a moment to appreciate your day and anything you have learnt, draw a line under anything negative and remember tomorrow is a new day!
These routines only take a few moments and can make a real difference to your skin. Taking a few moments to yourself each day is important and remember we all need some “me time.”
Words by Amy Harper, Spa Training and Development Manager.